03 November 2008

Preparing to Move

It was hard leaving Lawrence. I've invested a lot of time there. I have some great friends. Now I am spending my last two weeks with my parents in Wichita. It is nice to be home and not really have to do anything. My dad is having me go through all my old things and get rid of old junk. I don't like being a pack rat. However, it is fun to go through old memories and pictures and deciding what is worth keeping. I found a bunch of my newspaper clippings with many swimming victories. It seems like such a long time ago.
Today, I went to McConnell AFB and went to the Outbound Assignments office to talk to them about getting my "household goods" shipped down to Del Rio. It is strange actually getting ready to go through my first Permanent Change of Station (PCS). I still don't know if I am going to live on base or not. The word on the street is that I will have to find a place in town. Being six miles from the border of Mexico makes me a bit jumpy. Hopefully I can find a nice complex that is safe. Until then, the coundown begins...17 days until I enter active duty.

No comments: