08 December 2008

In Full Swing

I doesn't seem like I've been here for about 3 weeks.  Having a full duty week really made things feel like I'm on active duty.  My casual job is ok.  I keep track of training data.  It's kinda interesting learning all these training requirements. 
I decided to start working on my masters degree.  There are classes from Embry-Riddle offered here on the base.  I figured I would start and knock some out before Phase I.  If I can fill in this square ASAP, my career path will be looking pretty good.  
On a lighter note, I did get the Del Rio club experience this weekend. I was not that impressed and I must say I miss the easy options in Lawrence.  It was easy to know which bar or club had the specials on any given night and go and have some fun.  The clubs here are a bit sketchy.  I left the first after there was a huge fight and 8 cops showed up.  The second club was nothing but mexican music and very little country.  Not exactly my element.  I actually miss hip hop and rap.  It's the officers club for me.  

2 comments:

Niki in High-Def said...

Can you at least salsa at the club w/ Mexican music? It could be a lot of fun!

Niki in High-Def said...

I'm doing good, life is ok. I've been sick the last couple of days. Its snowing here! I'm hoping for a white Christmas.

Maybe learning these new dances will be an exciting experience for you. I thought about your dancing skills the other day. We had winter formal and I definitely would have liked to have someone there that knew how to dance. Schol hall kids are smart, but dancing just isn't their thing. :)

Is the weather warm enough to at least swim? Do they have a pool on base?