20 January 2009

My life be like...

Well, I haven't updated my blog in quite some time so I figured it was time for a new entry.  
Today certainly marks a day in history.  We have a new commander in chief.  I am optimistic about the future.  I would like the new bossman to give us some new airplanes...just a thought!

Anyways, it is hard to believe I have now been in Del Rio for two months.  Already taking a trip home to visit the 'rents was a fun time.  I've never been so happy to see Kansas.  I've made lots of new friends out here and getting to know them has been a blast.  I've met some really cool people and I am thrilled that I mesh with these guys so well.  We got to go to San Antonio and Austin this weekend.  It was fun to get away and just be back in a college town where there wasn't much responsibility to worry about.   Everyone from the base seemed to go there.  I saw a bunch of my new comrades all over the place.  I honestly believe we owned the town that night.  We will visit Austin again.  They treated us well.  

On a side note, I like my casual job.  I'm also taking classes with Embry-Riddle to start the long process of getting my masters' degree taken care of.  I hope to "check the box" if you will.  The classes seem interesting so far and will definitely complement me in my flying experience.  I am pleased to report I have started swimming again.  I am trying to swim at least 5k meters a week.  That used to be an easy workout in one day at high school...where has the endurance gone.  I feel myself coming back.  I'd like to compete somewhere soon before pilot training starts, but we'll see.  Well, that's it for now.  Hopefully, it won't take me so long to write a new entry.  But, this is Del Rio, cut me some slack.  

5 comments:

ggg said...

you'll have plenty to write about once we get to ASBC

ggg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ggg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ggg said...

everytime i see the title of your post, i think of this

finally got it right, geez...

Niki in High-Def said...

Hey good to hear from you again. I've never been to Austin, but I've heard its a cool place. I'm glad to know you are finding things to enjoy while you are in Del Rio!